[rc5] Slightly broken Mac client

andrew meggs insect at antennahead.com
Tue Aug 26 23:35:12 EDT 1997

>Here is another Mac question: Some of my team members complained
>that after a local network outage their Mac clients went into
>offline mode and then never recovered. They had to manually force
>them into online mode. Is there any way for them to auto-recover?

What you can do is open the Network Settings dialog box, and put a zero in
the in the blank where it says "Switch to offline mode after: ____
consecutive network failures." Then they'll spend all eternity retrying on
your dead network connection (with an accompanying decrease in performance)
until the connection finally goes back online.