[rc5] Slightly broken Mac client

Barry Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Tue Aug 26 20:50:58 EDT 1997

Dimitris Tsapakidis <dimitris at alien.bt.co.uk> wrote:

>Here is another Mac question: Some of my team members complained
>that after a local network outage their Mac clients went into
>offline mode and then never recovered. They had to manually force
>them into online mode. Is there any way for them to auto-recover?

They could increase the # of consecutive errors that are needed to switch
into offline mode (in the Network Settings). I think it goes up to 100. I
don't know if that would have been enough to get them through the outage,
though...

--
-Barry Nathan - Email: <barryn at pobox.com>
You could win $1000 - go to <http://rc5.distributed.net>