[rc5] ?'s: Dial-on-demand, firew

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Wed Aug 27 00:08:06 EDT 1997

On 26 Aug 1997, Mike Burgess wrote:

> Problem 2     ISP / Firewall/Proxy
>    LAFN.ORG   (http://www.lafn.org)  has a heavy duty
> firewall sytem, and I have not found a choice to get
> thru with RC5.  I use netscape 3.02, which lets you
> configure proxys
> http://www.lafn.org/help/netscape/netscape2.gif

Without trying to decipher this blurb,

> However:  ""For communications with other Internet
> computers, i.e., other than lafn.org or other LAFN
> user's PPP-connected computers, PPP users are
[...]

let me restate that I've managed to hack the Apache web server to
automatically pass my credentials to our firewall.  If your problem
is that your HTTP proxy requires a password, this is the answer you're
looking for.  Check the mailing list archives for my answer, or mail me
for more details on it.

-------                   wooledge at kellnet.com                     -------
---              http://kellnet.com/wooledge/main.html                 ---