[rc5] Mac Can't connect

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Wed Aug 27 09:43:21 EDT 1997

My brother wanted to join the team I'm on, last week, but we couldn't get
his client to connect and fetch any blocks.

He's using a Power Computing MacOS (which I'm sure doesn't matter at
all), and, more importantly, connects to the internet (from home) with
OT/PPP and a scripted telnet session (available through OT/PPP). He's
using MacOS 8.0.

When he tries to fetch, nothing happens for a few seconds, then it slips
into offline mode. If the connection to the internet HAS NOT yet been
made, it doesn't initiate the connection. If the connection HAS been
made, nothing happens except the drop into offline.

I know that he could join the effort by getting a 'buff in' file from me,
and then sending back the 'buff out' file, but that's a pain in the butt,
and he'd like to participate a little more directly.

Any suggestions?

Seth Dillingham