[rc5] Mac Can't connect

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Wed Aug 27 14:04:42 EDT 1997

Barry Nathan (barryn at pobox.com), on 8/27/1997 5:52 AM, wrote the
following:

>I think the original poster said the machine was running MacOS 8. Thread
>Manager is built into MacOS 8's System file, so you shouldn't use the
>extension.

I was the original poster, and you're right, I did say that he's using
MacOS 8.

:)

Of course, this brings us back to the original, unsolved problem.

Mac OS 8
OT/PPP Telnet Connection Script
RC5 Client won't communicate to the internet, for fetch or flush
All other net-based apps DO communicate, and initate sessions, without
problem
     It just waits a couple seconds, then drops into Offline Mode

Seth Dillingham