[rc5] Problem with (HTTP) Network errors

Bob Krzaczek rskpci at cis.rit.edu
Thu Aug 28 00:13:54 EDT 1997

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> * On at least one of our 10.x machines, the 2.004 client runs significantly
>   slower than the 2.002 client.  (I'm still running 2.004 on exactly one
>[ ... ]

Interesting.  I've noticed the same symptom on a completely different
platform:  Digital EV4 series Alphas running Digital Unix.

The 2.004 client is a little more than half the speed of the 2.002 client
on that processor.  The 2.004 EV5 version, on the other hand, is (as you'd
expect) faster than 2.002.

Were there a series of ``generic'' improvements made