[rc5] several processors

Kevin van Haaren KvanHaaren at HNTB.com
Thu Aug 28 16:31:54 EDT 1997

Think of the cpu like a road.  Just because you build another road
parallel to the first, doesn't mean your car (the program) can drive
twice as fast.  But if you get another car, then you can take twice as
much stuff down the two roads.  So a dual 133 processor machine will run
exactly as fast as a 133 machine, unless the program sees the other cpu
and starts using it.

When I run two instances of bovine on my machine they each run as fast
as a 133 machine (well a little slower because there is only one hard
drive and one pool of memory). So its like having 2-133 machines running
at the same time.

Kevin