[rc5] Dual processors under NT

David Hubbard dhubbard at peds-cme.med.usf.edu
Thu Aug 28 18:10:40 EDT 1997

You don't need to use srvany.exe.  You use the bovine rc5 nt service
as intended with the -install once.  Next, you put a second copy of
it in a different directory, then use instsrv.exe from the resource
kit to install the second copy with a different service name.  Srvany
is not needed since rc5v2srv.exe was designed to run as a service.
Now once I did this on mine, I noticed a very slight improvement in
performance by setting the affinity of each process to one of the
cpu's in my machine.  Oh, you won't have the log off problems with
the nt service version of the client.

Dave.
dhubbard at eng.usf.edu