[rc5] several processors

Eric Gindrup gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Aug 28 17:52:57 EDT 1997

     Not having written meaningfully to some of the platforms supported by
     the Bovine client(s), I'm still curious:
        Is it very hard to have a pre-client detect the number of
     processors and then fork() (or equivalent) the right number of client
     instances?
        I'd suspect that on some systems it's just impossible to get the
     number of processors from the system.  But most of the ones I've
     written to have *something* that will do the trick.  DOS is an obvious
     exception since SMP BIOSes don't seem to be quite interchangeable.
            -- Eric Gindrup ! gindrup at okway.okstate.edu