[rc5] Dual processors under NT

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Fri Aug 29 08:22:32 EDT 1997

> 	>On our dual UltraSparcs and Alphas we just run two processes.
> 	>On NT we can't just run a service twice. Perhaps if we run a
> 	>service and a GUI? That would be a bit ugly. Any ideas?
>
> 	I asked the powers that be this same question a little while
> back.  They said the next version of the NT service is supposed to
> support multiple processors (I think it will install two copies of
> itself or something).  Until that happens, you need to run  two separate
> copies of the standalone exe or one standalone exe and one service.

I have compiled a copy of the rc5svc executable that will use a
different key in the registry.  I know there are other solutions
(like srvany.exe), but this was the fastest way to make use of the
second processor for me.

I have put the zip file with both executables at
http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/rc5svcb.zip.

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com
tcharron at ctfinance.com