[rc5] script

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Sat Aug 30 17:36:01 EDT 1997

At 10:12 AM 8/30/97 -0400, tired wrote:
>So I want to run a script that looks at the time - when it reaches a
>specific time, starts the rc5 client, then at the next specified time,
>shuts the client down.  I don't neccessarily need to ever log off
>this machine - so it isn't a matter of getting i to run all of the time-
>it can be activated by me while I'm logged on....
>
>And I'm pretty sure I have no access to cron et al

If you indeed have no access to cron then you will need to have a script
that waits for the specified time and then starts up an instance of the
client.

Making the client automatically quit after so many hours of operations is a
built-in function of the client.  Just go into the configuration (with the
-config option) and you can specify how many hours it should operate for
before automatically saving the current block and quitting.

Jeff