[rc5] key block

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Sun Aug 31 13:14:26 EDT 1997

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Irwan Hadi wrote:

> Yeah, I agree for this, because in the FAQ, we know that we ONLY Have
> 5 days to complete the block which we get from server, if not, hmmm
> other people will check for it.

Are you reading the Bovine FAQ?  Here's a quote from
http://rc5.distributed.net/FAQ/rc5faq.html :

  What if my computer starts a key and I have to reboot? Won't that key get
  "lost"?

   In order to accommodate slower clients, there is no "recycle" period
   after which a key is re-assigned. Key blocks are assigned
   sequentially. If we reach the end of the keyspace without finding the
   solution, we'll start back at the beginning and assign the unreturned
   key blocks.

-------                   wooledge at kellnet.com                     -------
---              http://kellnet.com/wooledge/main.html                 ---