[rc5] V2 Clients

Michael J. Rogan mrogan at fpelectronics.com
Fri Jul 4 16:19:45 EDT 1997

> On Thu, 3 Jul 1997 15:32:02 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Will there be a version that is hidden like that of the TimC client.
> >I have many people here in my company that have the TimC client
> >running because it is unobtrusive.  I will be moving the clients who
> >don't care that it shows up on the startup bar but the other clients
> >will continue to use the TimC version.
> >
> >Of course you could give Tim the source code for V2 and have him make
> >new TimCV2 clients ;-)
>
> Actually you can run the new clients hidden...  Get a program called cctask from
> www.windows95.com somewhere and you can hide running programs.  You can do other
> things too like change priorities and things...  That's basically all I've used
> it for.

But then I have to buy 100 copies and run it on each machine.  I want
something that just goes away (except for the task list of course)
and keeps on running.  No fuss.  Other than being slower than the new
V2 clients I have had no problem, but of course I have a need for
speed! 8-)

> Jason Gmoser
> noggle at isoc.net
> ----

* Michael J. Rogan,  Network Administrator,   905-624-3020 *
* Mark IV Industries, F-P Electronics & I.V.H.S. Divisions *
* mrogan at fpelectronics.com                 mrogan at ivhs.com *