[rc5] European Proxy Now Available!

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Jul 4 17:20:55 EDT 1997

We are pleased to announce the existence of a new Bovine RC5 proxy server
located in Sweden.  Because the transatlantic delays are frequently the
cause of connection failures, we expect that the placement of this new
proxy should be beneficial to anyone in that general part of the world.

The address of the new proxy is:
rc5europroxy.distributed.net

If we later are able to set up additional European proxies, they will also
be added to that DNS alias.  Note that with the v2 clients, even if the
proxy you specify for the "preferred proxy" in the setup becomes
unreachable, the client will eventually revert back to the hard coded
"rc5proxy.distributed.net", which will allow you to eventually reach a U.S.
Proxy, ensuring that your clients will not completely go idle.

Jeff

--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    http://rc5.distributed.net/
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort