[rc5] Another approach

Del Conte ddelcon at voicenet.com
Sun Jul 6 00:21:15 EDT 1997

I like your train of thought.  We need as many clients as possible.  As I
was thinking about where we can get these clients from I thought of two
different places/groups of people.

The first one was the hacker group.  Places like www.2600.com and maybe
www.hope.net.  I know these people are generally thought to be "bad", but I
am sure that some of them would help out.  What's your opinion on asking them?

Another group of computer people who are into speed are overclockers.
These people run their cpu's at speeds higher than recommended (including
me).  This means that their performance would be dramatically increased.
The best place I know of is sysdoc.pair.com.  If we talked to the owner of
this page he may help us out a bit.

I am interested in advancing this effort and would like to hear the ideas
everyone else has to accomplish this.

--Derek

At 09:58 PM 7/5/97 +0100, you wrote:

>So, do you REALLY want to add a lot of clients, really quickly, to The
Effort?

<snip>