[rc5] Another approach

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Sun Jul 6 07:04:56 EDT 1997

At 10:46 PM 7/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I definitely think that sysdoc.pair.com would probably help tremendously.
>I know it gets a lot of hits, and as of today I just overclocked my Pentium
>133 to 187.5 Mhz. *grins*
>Talk about getting your money's worth.  I still have to see how it'll hold
>up for quite a while but it seems fine, and I'm sure that a lot of the
>people that access that page, are more or less the type that would like to
>help out an effort like this.  The owner of the page seems pretty nice from
>what he writes too...

I know this is straying a bit off-topic, but my overclocked PPro-233 is
doing quite nicely. No problems with the overclocking ... yet!

It does about 548,000 Keys/sec with the V2 bovine client. I have been
running Nortons Speed Disk for 6 hours at night, continuously, so that
drops my daily average down to 456K-Keys/sec. After looking at that, I have
changed my Norton Speed Disk nightly run to a single pass at night (grin).

--
Bill Plein
bill at diablo.net