[rc5] Status page

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Sun Jul 6 12:06:02 EDT 1997

Silby wrote:
>I'm glad I'm not going crazy - I just hope this isn't a greater underlying
>bug we're just seeing the surface of... if one null-terminated (which isn't
>really null-terminated) string is being written over the top of another,
>what else is being corrupted?

The 4-Jul-1997 stats included the last of the backlogged blocks from a few
of the proxies, and as a result, contained some blocks that were affected
by the "email bug" that caused the strangeness you're seeing.  If you'll
look, the 5-Jul-1995 stats do *not* have the same problem, nor should any
future stats, as that bug has been repaired for quite some time.

-David McNett
 nugget at slacker.com