[rc5] Another approach

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Sun Jul 6 02:10:43 EDT 1997

----------
> Bill Plein wrote:
> >
> > So, do you REALLY want to add a lot of clients, really quickly, to The
> > Effort?
> <snip>
>
> I think a place to recruit people would be the chat rooms on AOL. Hear
> me out on this...

I'm not sure it's worth going *that* far to recruit people - it's probably
not the best idea to have people who aren't in for the long run because
that would raise the possibility of rc5 trojans / etc being created...
advertising is important however - in the right spots.  I saw about the
Bovine effort when it was mentioned on www.planetquake.com in the middle of
quake news.  Advertising on Tom's Hardware guide and the system
optimization page are probably two of the best ideas, actually - the people
who are there are *probably* pretty computer literate and would run the
client.  Hmph... anybody up to the job of contacting those two?

Silby

(Actually, I think the clients/servers need to be fixed before there is
more recruitment.)