[rc5] New Client is out!

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Mon Jul 7 08:20:44 EDT 1997

----------
> Mike Silbersack wrote:
> >
> > I just checked the bovine homepage, and the 2.001 clients are out!
> >

> Did you notice any speed improvement ?

I've only been running it for 20 minutes now.  <g>  I'll post my results
later - while I'm at it, however, I'll post what it says is new:

v2 Build 1 (2.001)
------------------
OS/CPU additions to cputypes.h
partial block restart notify (the R)
break works during -test
buffer lock timeout fixed
default email now rc5 at distributed.net
-update option = fetch+flush
rename files to be 8.3 filename compliant
zero extra email to help email mangling problem
strncpy lengths fixed to insure terminated strings
ini file location specification via RC5INI environment variable
random keys if client can't connect
partial block rates are now correct
time in hh:mm:ss
fseeks() for ANSI compliance
flush checks count before opening connection
negative run times fixed
buffer count reporting
times in benchmark also fixed
3 nice levels
logging to file
error messages more clear
new autobuff and iniread code - memory leak fixed
new faster ANSI C and ASM cores
httpd fixed - checked under CERN and WinProxy
proxy hunting now works

------
The only feature I can veridy as of now is the log file - it does work. <g>

Silby