[rc5] PII figures (sorta)

Bob.Rich Bob.Rich at Enterprise.globalec.com
Mon Jul 7 14:43:33 EDT 1997

The 'sorta' is because I had Tim Charron's 'hidden' v1 client running on
the box at the same time (doing real work), but on the PPro that was
previously posted, this resulted in a very consistent 3% slowdown, so we
can just fudge.

Machine

Dell Dimension XPS H266 Pentium II
64MB RAM
6GB IDE Disk

Only running the Win32 clients, no Linux (yet!)  Five runs, high/low cut,
again very consistent numbers (even had one that was _exactly_ the same kps
rate)

Client			Real			Fudged (+3%)

v2.0p5			587471			605095
v2.0p6			591259			608996
v2.001p5		587279			604897
v2.001p6		590947			608675

My 'fudged' numbers must be off a bit, because i KNOW i've seen 611000kps+,
but this will at least give ballpark figures.

I wonder if 266's can be overclocked. ;)

- Knock-knock
o Who's there?
- Impatient cow
o Impa...