[rc5] hidden client

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Mon Jul 7 23:08:41 EDT 1997

>There are 200 200Mhz Ppro that rc5-team at osrhe.edu would like to add to
>the contest. But, we will only have a access to these machines once.
>Now, we have been waiting on a v2 hidden client before we installed the
>client.  Since v2.001 is out, and I can find no hidden option on it, the
>question remains:
>
>Is there going to be a v2 hidden client?

While I cannot tell you that answer, I can suggest a possibilty.

Set them up as services, using SRVANY from the resource kit. You can choose
to have it interact with the desktop (that is how I use it), or not. In the
latter case, it runs in a hidden window.

You would still be able to see the service running, but who is going to
know what it is?

--
Bill Plein
bill at diablo.net