[rc5] Mac v2 client confusion

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Tue Jul 8 17:05:54 EDT 1997

Hi there,

I've just downloaded the Mac v2.000 client, and I'm confused.

What's all this business about buffering and flushing blocks, and how do
you do it?

Can I quit the client half-way through a run and not lose any work?

What happens if the Mac crashes half-way through a run?  Does the client
save work on disc?

How do I tell the client to run a speed check, or execute any of the
documented run-time options?

And has anyone else had trouble with some of the screens taking a minute or
more to draw?

FWIW, I'm running on a 68LC040 Performa 475, and the v2.000 client appears
to be no faster than the v1 client - the initial check showed a speed of
either 5k/sec or 7k/sec during the check, but didn't stop and given me an
overall exact rate at the end.  The speed I got from the v1 client was
6400kkeys/sec.

Rowland.