[rc5] V2 mac clients

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Tue Jul 8 13:12:52 EDT 1997

On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Jeff Leigh wrote:

> I think that would be a client for Linux that happens to run on the
> PowerPC chip, NOT a client for the Mac.

> On Tue, 8 Jul 1997, Carsten Jacobi wrote:
>> On 07-Jul-97 Jeff Leigh wrote:
>>> Is any progress being made on getting out a copy of the V2 clients
>>> for the Mac platform?
>> The v2-clients for the Mac were available from the beginning. You just
>> have to install MK-Linux ...

Well, I suppose it depends on what you think of when you refer to a Mac.
Personally, I prefer to think of a Mac as being a computer with one of
several distinct and clearly defined system architectures, because 1) I
have a number of friends with PowerMacs that run Linux, so it makes
conversation quite a bit easier; and 2) bearing in mind that a Mac is a
machine that is capable of running such operating systems as Linux and
BeOS, I can save myself a good deal of breath and keystrokes that would
otherwise be wasted saying 'Macs suck.'

Now if, on the other hand, Mac == MacOS, we're right back where we
started...

;-)

                            -Steve Langasek
-doink-