[rc5] Client version 2.002

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Tue Jul 8 22:05:46 EDT 1997

At 08:48 PM 7/8/97 -0700, Al Lovrich wrote:
>I run the WIN32 client using wingate 2.0e proxy. I specified use of proxy
on >port 23 when configuring the client software. I am not having any luck
>connecting to the keyserver. On version 2.000, I used to get the "Proxy
says >..." message but then had network errors, but on this one I am not
getting >anyhting. When I run the gatekeeper, I see that it is trying to
resolve "POST >http://rc5proxy.distributed.net.priomenet.com...". Is anyone
else having this >problem or am I misconfiguring the software?

You need to have the client connect to the http proxy port of wingate, not
the wingate telnet proxy port.