[rc5] AIX RS6000

Gary Jackson bargle at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Jul 9 03:03:18 EDT 1997

On 8 Jul 1997, Michael Graff wrote:

> Gary Jackson <bargle at umiacs.umd.edu> writes:
>
> > Is there an v2 AIX RS6000 client forthcoming?
>
> I am working on the v2 client for AIX4/powerpc and AIX3/rs6000.
> Note that some of the rs6000 machines are really powerpc inside.

Ya, I need it for a 16-node SP-2, which is using POWER2 chips.  I could
run the client between jobs (using easy-ll on top of LoadLeveler).  I
would have to implement checkpointing myself, though, but the client I can
get sources for doesn't run very fast.  Right now I just run the v1
binary version at night when noone else is using the machine.

--
					Gary