[rc5] RC5 - answers [ADMIN]
Adam L. Beberg
beberg at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Wed Jul 9 05:42:40 EDT 1997
Greetings, things are progressing well again here at distributed.net.
- Buffer files are cross platform, you can tranfer them around at will.
- When setting for HTTPD use, the prefered server is your HTTPD proxy, and
the port is the HTTPD proxy port, NOT one of the proxy servers.
- "niceness" is how well rc5v2 should play with other processes, if the
machine is doing anything else, it's best to leave it at the default (very
nice), if you just want it to go fast, change the niceness setting to
- You can stop all the clients and they will save their current work with
`killall -HUP rc5v2` or Ctrl-C on win32.
- If you're running 2.000 or 2.001 upgrade to 2.002. There are known
problems with 2.000 and 2.001. A couple more platforms have been added,
with many more on the way (even the Apple Newton!)
- new stats by OS/CPU/Build - http://rc5.distributed.net/stats/platform.html
full cumulative stats are coming very soon now, I'm almost done with the
code to reprocess all the logs.
- Adam L. Beberg
beberg at distributed.net
To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo at llamas.net with 'unsubscribe rc5' in the body.
More information about the rc5