[rc5] getting closer - SOCKS 5

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Wed Jul 9 11:57:10 EDT 1997

At 10:55 AM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Marc Sissom drunkenly mumbled...
>>
>you can get the v1 client to work through the httpd thing? if so how, please
>explain since the v2 client works slower than the v1 client for my hardware
>anyway, i'd like to stick with v1, i just didn't know that v1 could do that.

OK, we've been through this before...if you want to do what we do
then you NEED:

        1) One(I reccomend two) W32 pc(s) that is/are connected to your
           local network, ie they can reach the SOCKSx firewall.

        2) SOCKSCap32 software from NEC. See:

                http://www.socks.nec.com/sockscap.html

        3) Install, setup, etc. #2 just as nutscrape or any other SOCKS
           capable app or whatever is setup for your firewall.

        4) Install v1 pproxy on SOCKScap machines, configure to
           talk to rc5proxy..., listen on local addresses with
           default ports, run "SOCKSified".

        5) Install v1 clients of choice on all other machines on the
           LAN and setup to talk to one or other of the pproxy
           machines.

  Marc Sissom               | Design Engineer
  DNA Enterprises, Inc.     | Phone: 972/644-3301
  269 W. Renner Parkway     | Fax: 972/644-6338
  Richardson, Texas 75080   | http://www.dnaent.com