[rc5] getting closer - SOCKS 5
msissom at dnaent.com
Wed Jul 9 11:57:10 EDT 1997
At 10:55 AM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Marc Sissom drunkenly mumbled...
>you can get the v1 client to work through the httpd thing? if so how, please
>explain since the v2 client works slower than the v1 client for my hardware
>anyway, i'd like to stick with v1, i just didn't know that v1 could do that.
OK, we've been through this before...if you want to do what we do
then you NEED:
1) One(I reccomend two) W32 pc(s) that is/are connected to your
local network, ie they can reach the SOCKSx firewall.
2) SOCKSCap32 software from NEC. See:
3) Install, setup, etc. #2 just as nutscrape or any other SOCKS
capable app or whatever is setup for your firewall.
4) Install v1 pproxy on SOCKScap machines, configure to
talk to rc5proxy..., listen on local addresses with
default ports, run "SOCKSified".
5) Install v1 clients of choice on all other machines on the
LAN and setup to talk to one or other of the pproxy
Marc Sissom | Design Engineer
DNA Enterprises, Inc. | Phone: 972/644-3301
269 W. Renner Parkway | Fax: 972/644-6338
Richardson, Texas 75080 | http://www.dnaent.com
To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo at llamas.net with 'unsubscribe rc5' in the body.
More information about the rc5