[rc5] getting closer - SOCKS 5

Brian Hechinger wonko at blackhole.arkham.net
Wed Jul 9 13:09:23 EDT 1997

Marc Sissom drunkenly mumbled...

> OK, we've been through this before...if you want to do what we do
> then you NEED:
>
>         1) One(I reccomend two) W32 pc(s) that is/are connected to your
>            local network, ie they can reach the SOCKSx firewall.
>
>         2) SOCKSCap32 software from NEC. See:
>
>                 http://www.socks.nec.com/sockscap.html
>
>         3) Install, setup, etc. #2 just as nutscrape or any other SOCKS
>            capable app or whatever is setup for your firewall.
>
>         4) Install v1 pproxy on SOCKScap machines, configure to
>            talk to rc5proxy..., listen on local addresses with
>            default ports, run "SOCKSified".
>
>         5) Install v1 clients of choice on all other machines on the
>            LAN and setup to talk to one or other of the pproxy
>            machines.

ah ok, i guess my reply to the last posting of this never made it.

i do not, nor will i ever have access to a PC running any M$ operating system.
this has to be done under Solaris or not at all.

just a small technicality.

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko at mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **