[rc5] V2.002 Hidden Win32 client and log files

Michael J. Rogan mrogan at fpelectronics.com
Thu Jul 10 10:22:08 EDT 1997

> At 05:06 PM 7/9/97 +0000, Michael J. Rogan wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >I've found that if I just do a copy of the ini file and run the
> >RC5V2P5H.EXE -install it doesn't seem to work, but if i run
> >RC5V2P5H.EXE -config then change the .INI file (and put the full
> >path to the log file) to reflect my setup then RC5V2P5H.EXE -install
> > everything seems to work fine.
> >
> >I haven't checked it out yet but it seems to continue to run when the
> >machine is waiting for a login.
>
> It isn't clear to me if you still have to put the hidden client into the
> StartUp folder or not. Anyone?

No, it starts up as a service in the background when the system
starts not when the user logs in.  So as long as the machine is on it
is cranking out keys.  So far it has worked great!

> Thanks,

Michael

* Michael J. Rogan,  Network Administrator,   905-624-3020 *
* Mark IV Industries, F-P Electronics & I.V.H.S. Divisions *
* mrogan at fpelectronics.com                 mrogan at ivhs.com *