[rc5] Porting to new platforms

Eric Prestemon ecp at io.com
Thu Jul 10 17:12:05 EDT 1997

On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Brian Young wrote:

> Is there any way to the the clients attempt to connect after the
> completion of each block even through there may be 20 blocks buffered.

What I think might be better would be a min/max buffer.

So I could set the numbers to 10/5.

Any contact with the proxy would try to fill up the in buffer to 10
blocks.

As soon as the buffer got below 5, each block completion would trigger
another attempt to fill up to 10.

You could set this at 20/20 for the behavior described above, or 20/0 for
the current behavior. I actually want something like 10/5, which is what
made me think of the idea.

-Eric