[rc5] Dell PowerEdge 6100, duh!!!!!! ...and more

Austin T. austhomp at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 10 21:04:14 EDT 1997

At 07:48 PM 7/10/97 -0400, you wrote:

>>On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Joey Lamb wrote:
>>
>>> Just for the record, I just installed a Dell PowerEdge 6100 Quad PPro
>
>.snip....
>>
>>Well, that's very nice for you and I think you will be very happy with it.
>>
>>**** BUT WHY BOTHERING US WITH THIS INFO! ******
>>
>>Ivo
>
>>> Just for the record, I just installed a Dell PowerEdge 6100 Quad PPro
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Case closed.

I understand that you wanted to let us know just as a FYI, and I think it's
cool that you are running that (heck I hadn't *heard* of that), but I think
some people are being wary about starting a "mine's bigger than yours" war
on the list.

Now on a different note, I was wondering if anyone is anyone running a home
made parallel virtual computer like at
http://www.epm.ornl.gov/pvm/pvm_home.html
to run rc5 clients?  I was just wondering if this would be more or less
effective than running it seperately on each machine.  My guess that
seperate would be most efficient, but I was just wondering...