[rc5] Virtual Machines

Eric Bravick ebravick at gte.net
Thu Jul 10 22:39:49 EDT 1997

Austin T. wrote:

> Now on a different note, I was wondering if anyone is anyone running a home
> made parallel virtual computer like at
> http://www.epm.ornl.gov/pvm/pvm_home.html
> to run rc5 clients?  I was just wondering if this would be more or less
> effective than running it seperately on each machine.  My guess that
> seperate would be most efficient, but I was just wondering...

  One "virtual machine" will most likely be less efficient, as these
clients lend themselves to distributed computing (obviously...)

  I'm trying one of these:

http://sdcd.gsfc.nasa.gov/ESS/linux.html

  I'm planning on one "virtual Linux machine" that should check about 3M
keys/sec.  I just haven't gotten it to work yet :)

--    Eric Bravick, Engineer/Shock Trooper      --
---       Networked Knowledge Systems          ---
----   P.O. Box 20772 Tampa, FL. 33622-0772   ----
----- (813)887-5674 Voice  (813)884-4815 Fax -----
------          ebravick at gte.net            ------