[rc5] Porting to new platforms

Brian Young byoung at oru.edu
Thu Jul 10 22:24:20 EDT 1997

Eric Prestemon wrote:

> What I think might be better would be a min/max buffer.
>
> So I could set the numbers to 10/5.
>
> Any contact with the proxy would try to fill up the in buffer to 10
> blocks.
>
> As soon as the buffer got below 5, each block completion would trigger
> another attempt to fill up to 10.
>
> You could set this at 20/20 for the behavior described above, or 20/0 for
> the current behavior. I actually want something like 10/5, which is what
> made me think of the idea.

I think that is a great idea.

To change the subject, James Deaton had a good idea dealing with the
personal proxies:

It would be nice to be able to report all blocks that go through a
personal proxy as belonging to one team.  That way you wouldn't have to
set the team email on *every* client.   But, if implementing this is
going to slow down the v2 rollout, then by all means, ignore this for
now.

byoung at oru.edu
Brian Young
Internet Systems Admin