[rc5] Buffers on shared disks

Scott Stevens s.k.stevens at ic.ac.uk
Fri Jul 11 15:18:42 EDT 1997

Hi,

I'm running the clients on a few machines (all unix) that share home
directories. When one client updates the buffer do both clients start
processing the same blocks from the buff-in.rc5 file ? If so isn't
this a waste of effort ;-) and could this be fixed by calling the
buffer file buff-in.$HOSTNAME.rc5 instead? Putting something in the
.ini file won't help as the .ini file is also shared.

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
"Hey, I want to settle down. And as soon as I find the right small group