[rc5] Startup dir rc5v2p5h (hidden win32)

Guan Sin Ong cceonggs at segamat.nus.edu.sg
Sat Jul 12 10:32:27 EDT 1997

dan carter wrote:

> Can i second this request.
>
> Currently I automatically start rc5 hidden under windowsNT using the
> run key in the registry. It doesn't see the buffers files which are in
> the same dir as the .exe and downloads more, placing them on the
> desktop
>
> I would really like it to keep these buffer files in the same dir as
> the .exe

Yes, I strongly agree. The *hidden* client for Win95 is not really
hidden as its buff files show up on the desktop.  (Or am I missing
anything?)

Also, on my Win95, "rc5v2p5h -install" would add an entry into
RunService of the registry, but this does not seem to run on startup.
Then I discovered other programs (such as Norton) add their programs to
be run on startup into Run. So I added RC5 into Run as well and it
works. So is this a bug on the hidden client? (Sorry, I am only a Win95
*user*. Correct me if I am wrong.)

GS
--
" Crack RC5 and smash US export control - http://rc5.distributed.net/ "