[rc5] Startup dir rc5v2p5h (hidden win32)

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Sat Jul 12 15:12:24 EDT 1997

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Guan Sin Ong wrote:

> Also, on my Win95, "rc5v2p5h -install" would add an entry into
> RunService of the registry, but this does not seem to run on startup.
> Then I discovered other programs (such as Norton) add their programs to
> be run on startup into Run. So I added RC5 into Run as well and it
> works. So is this a bug on the hidden client? (Sorry, I am only a Win95
> *user*. Correct me if I am wrong.)

Hmm, isn't the only diff between Service and Run is that Services don't show
up in TaskManager (or the CTR-ALT-DEL-window) and Run's do?
I'm only a user too :-)....

Ivo

But we still need to specify startup-dir. I guess putting a batch-file in
the Registry with (cd startupdir; rc5v2h) would be a dirty hack, maybe it
doens't even work (I didn't try it)

| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| Ricardishof 1/428 | janssen at cardit.et.tudelft.nl   | |   |-+   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | http://www.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/ | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |