[rc5] Speed freeks with Cyrix, AMD, PPro or RISC machines ?

Remi Guyomarch rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr
Sat Jul 12 21:14:32 EDT 1997

I've put another version of my modified client, still based on v1, in
	http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~guyom001/clients-2.tar.gz
or	http://wwwperso.hol.fr/~guyom001/clients-2.zip

These archives contains source code (C & ASM) and binaries for Linux &
Win32 (sorry, no K5 Win32 binary for the moment).

Now the main cracking routine checks two keys at once. I hope the C
version will be significantly faster on superscalar RISC-Unix machines.

I've also made separate ASM version for 486, Pentium, Cyrix 6x86 and
AMD-K5. I will include the PPro ASM version later.

486 and Pentium ASM versions are a bit faster than official V2 clients.
The *P5* code on a PPro is slightly faster than the V2 P6 client (494 vs
468 Kkeys/s, tested with "-benchmark").

Since I can't test the Cyrix and AMD version on real Cyrix and AMD
processor, I can't tell for sure if these clients are faster or not. But
I hope a *significant* speedup on these processor, compared to numbers
posted on the RC5 client speed page.

PS: Why am I still playing with V1 source code ?
	- because V2 source code isn't available...
	- because V2 personal proxies aren't available
	- because some people needs source code
	- because I hope that my optimizations will be integrated in (future)
V2 clients ;-)
	- because I like it !

--
Rémi