[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #41

James Macak macak at mixcom.com
Sat Jul 12 22:07:43 EDT 1997

>Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 01:34:14 -0500
>From: dpush at mindspring.com
>Subject: Re: [rc5] the new mac client [proper RC5 contacts]
>
>I have a 7200 OT/PPP and have no problems. As soon as I selected "connect
>automatically when using TCP/IP applications" in PPP's options/connections
>page it worked. I use PPPop 1.5.4 to close the connection after two minutes
>of session time.  PPPop can be used to launch apps as well. If you can't
>find it and want it, let me know.

Yes, thankyou. Setting Apple's PPP to "Connect automatically when starting
TCP/IP applications" did the trick. I don't quite understand why other
Internet applications do not require this option to be set in order to
initiate the process of making a connection.... but at least Bovine RC5
2.000 is working like I was hoping it might.

Jim Macak
macak at mixcom.com