[rc5] Re: [rc5-announce] RC5 stats and progress - [ADMIN]

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Sun Jul 13 20:07:29 EDT 1997

[snip]

>- 73% of hosts are now using v2+ clients. Please upgrade as soon as possible
>  so your OS and CPU get credit...

Nice idea - except that the Mac v2 client running on my Mac has failed to
report back any checked blocks as far as I know.  I've stopped running the
client until the problems have been solved - there doesn't seem any point,
really, leaving my Mac on round the clock if it's not doing anything useful.

[snip]

>Keep recruiting! If everyone involved recruits just one more person each
>day, and they start just one host each day, we'll have 1 million hosts
>(and people) in just 9 days...
>Don't underestimate the power of that one extra host.

I wouldn't consider recruiting anyone until the documentation is improved
and the clients work properly.

Rowland.