[rc5] Speed freeks with Cyrix, AMD, PPro or RISC machines ?

Antonio Perez aperez at poboxes.com
Sun Jul 13 10:34:47 EDT 1997

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Remi Guyomarch wrote:

> Since I can't test the Cyrix and AMD version on real Cyrix and AMD
> processor, I can't tell for sure if these clients are faster or not. But
> I hope a *significant* speedup on these processor, compared to numbers
> posted on the RC5 client speed page.

  I have an AMD K5-P75 133Mhz. overclocked to 160Mhz.

  With V2.000:       ~145.000 K/s
  client-486-2:      ~153.863 K/s
  client-k5-2:       ~129.622 K/s

  486 version goes faster than K5... :-?

> PS: Why am I still playing with V1 source code ?
> 	- because V2 source code isn't available...
> 	- because V2 personal proxies aren't available
> 	- because some people needs source code
> 	- because I hope that my optimizations will be integrated in (future)
> V2 clients ;-)
> 	- because I like it !

  But... I stay with V2 because it have a GOOD feature for me...
buffers... :-)

--
  Saludos:                    [ FidoNet: 2:345/506.20 ]
  Antonio Perez               [ http://www.poboxes.com/aperez ]