[rc5] Statistics Problem

Lee Larson lmlars01 at homer.louisville.edu
Sun Jul 13 22:14:01 EDT 1997

Dear Person:

I began running the Macintosh 2.000 client on two machines about a week
ago.

One of the machines--a PowerBase 604/132--is in my office on a direct
connection and seems to run about 300 kk/s.

The other machine is in my home connected via PPP. It is a PowerBase 200,
running about 460 kk/s. I usually set it up to buffer 20 blocks at a
time, and it briefly connects about every three hours to report its
results and get more blocks.

Both these machines have been running the client nonstop for at least
five days, and both are using the email address
lmlars01 at homer.louisville.edu as the address for reporting.

The problem I have is that the PowerWave seems to be the only machine
showing up in the statistics. I did a search by substring on the email
address (string=lmlars), and it shows one machine with an average key
rate of about 300 kk/s.

Is the PowerBase being ignored, or are there some problems with the
statistics? I am suggesting to other people with Macs that they jump in,
but I will not do so until I am satisfied the work is being counted.

Lee Larson

Lee Larson       http://www.louisville.edu/~lmlars01/        (502)852-6826
Mathematics Department, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292 USA