[rc5] Re: V2 Stable?

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jul 14 14:20:55 EDT 1997

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997 15:37:15 -0400, Steve Patches wrote:

>>dhubbard at eng.usf.edu wrote:
>>	I'm just wondering if the v2 clients, especially
>>win32, are stable?
><snip>
>>So whats the consensus on the 2.002?
>
>My experience has been that the V2 clients are NOT stable.  I have 10
>Pentiums running the client. (7 Win95, 3 WinNT)  Each morning when I
>come to work, I usually find that at least one of them has crashed.
>
>I know that my experiences to not constitute a consensus, but based on
>the messages I've seen on this list, there are still some stability
>issues to be resolved.

Sound like stability is very platform dependant.
I've been running V2 on OS/2 machines here 24/7. Only stopping them
once to upgrade to v2.002. Once on one machine the client appeared to
be hung and i had to restart it. There have however been many
complaints of the windows client crashing. So from my experience, if
your running the OS/2 client then yes v2 is stable.
-dan