[rc5] Statistics Problem

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Sun Jul 13 19:39:05 EDT 1997

At 09:14 PM 7/13/97 -0400, Lee Larson wrote:
>Both these machines have been running the client nonstop for at least
>five days, and both are using the email address
>lmlars01 at homer.louisville.edu as the address for reporting.
>
>The problem I have is that the PowerWave seems to be the only machine
>showing up in the statistics. I did a search by substring on the email
>address (string=lmlars), and it shows one machine with an average key
>rate of about 300 kk/s.

When you do an email search, there is no indication of the number of hosts
participating under that email.  Thus, I do not know how you are able to
make the assuption that only one host is being reported.

Furthermore, since the stat data is only updated once per day currently,
the average key rate shown on the stat pages is continually decaying.  Once
we make the stats get updated live again (hopefully later today), the
displayed rates will be much more useful.

Jeff