[rc5] Addendum to rank and blocks completed reduction in stats

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Mon Jul 14 15:53:26 EDT 1997

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Bryan Golder wrote:

> PS-Look, I know you guys are not being paid and that this is just a sort
> of side project for a bunch of bright programmers, but hey - I'm
> contributing time, energy, and electricity to this thing, so the least I
> can expect is that it's a project that has been decently and properly
> organized from the beginning. I REALLY think a daily "latest news" page
> or something similar should be added to your website to easily inform
> participants of the latest news, tips, troubles, etc. That would really
> really really help the people on the other end of the line. Mailing
> lists suck. Too much noise, not enough information, and way too
> disorganized. I'd really like to know if you guys are losing keys or
> incoming data because of problems with the stats or proxy servers.

I think they're doing a hell of a job. The last week the RC5 team has
rebuild the stats, and I'm sure that costed them lots of time. If you
want a mailing-list without noise, subscribe to rc5-announce. Sort of
a "latest-news page". Hey, the documentation could be better, but
don't start "I contribute time, so I "demand" a decently and properly
organized challenge. That's just not the way it works.
And if there was a problem of losing key(blocks), I'm sure that would
be announced on both rc5-announce and rc5 lists.
And what about the right half of the main-homepage? That's what I
call latest-news.

'unsubscribe rc5' in the body.

with 'subscribe rc5-announce' in the body.

| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| Ricardishof 1/428 | janssen at cardit.et.tudelft.nl   | |   |-+   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | http://www.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/ | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |