[rc5] Re: spammed entries etc. + [ADMIN]

Adam L. Beberg beberg at charlie.cns.iit.edu
Mon Jul 14 09:26:35 EDT 1997

On Sun, 13 Jul 1997, Brian J. Stewart wrote:
> They were "claiming" to have finished a key block every 2 secs... and
> "appear" to have been sending them out... i think. not really sure.

None, nothing unusual from you. We have delt with the contamination tho,
quite effectively since one of our team is his ISP *chuckles* :)

If anyone suspects something funny is happening in their clients, please
email a bug report directly to me or rc5help at slacker.com with the following:

  Client version, CPU type, OS type and version, rc5v2.ini file,
  short log of bad period if possible. If Windows - the address Dr. Watson
  displayed. time/date (GMT) so we can look at our logs if we need to.

Debugging what's happening without the above is very difficult.
If you're running 2.001 - don't, it has bugs, that why we released 2.002
>From the os/cpu/build stats page, very few people are still running 2.001

v2.003 with more features and speed will begin rollout late this week. I
intend this release to be very stable and hopefully the last for a while.
Please be patient while we get people to test the clients before we go
public with them. Speeds is also up some more on a couple platforms.

I will soon be moving on to the building of v3 clients, which will allow us
to move on after we crack RC5 which at our current growth rate will be all
too soon. We're doing 1% every 5 days now. apple.com made a big contribution
today, and I've heard claims that ibm.com intends to crush them - we shall
see.

Keep those hosts coming!

- Adam L. Beberg
  beberg at distributed.net