[rc5] Statistics Problem

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca at astrid.u-net.com
Tue Jul 15 00:16:08 EDT 1997

>Date: Sun, 13 Jul 97 21:14:01 -0400
>From: Lee Larson <lmlars01 at homer.louisville.edu>
>Subject: [rc5] Statistics Problem
>
>Dear Person:
>
>I began running the Macintosh 2.000 client on two machines about a week
>ago.
>
>One of the machines--a PowerBase 604/132--is in my office on a direct
>connection and seems to run about 300 kk/s.
>
>The other machine is in my home connected via PPP. It is a PowerBase 200,
>running about 460 kk/s. I usually set it up to buffer 20 blocks at a
>time, and it briefly connects about every three hours to report its
>results and get more blocks.
>
>Both these machines have been running the client nonstop for at least
>five days, and both are using the email address
>lmlars01 at homer.louisville.edu as the address for reporting.
>
>The problem I have is that the PowerWave seems to be the only machine
>showing up in the statistics. I did a search by substring on the email
>address (string=lmlars), and it shows one machine with an average key
>rate of about 300 kk/s.
>
>Is the PowerBase being ignored, or are there some problems with the
>statistics? I am suggesting to other people with Macs that they jump in,
>but I will not do so until I am satisfied the work is being counted.

I found that my Performa 475 running the v2 client on a dial-up link wasn't
reporting its blocks back.  I've emailled this list and the Mac developer
about the problem, but I've not had a response on what the problem is or
how to fix it.

I've stopped running the client - clearly, there's no point until this
problem is fixed.

Rowland.