[rc5] rc5v2 full of bugs and misfeatures (long)

Harald Koenig koenig at tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 15 10:17:51 EDT 1997

On Jul 15, Francois Gouget wrote:

> * Problem 2 - huge log files
> There was also another message saying something like "Buffer is locked 3 -
> waiting 1 second". I don't konow if this one was caused by the file system
> being full or if it was caused by a bug in the sharing of buffers (I share
> some of them across different Unices and Win32 hosts).

I got the same buffer locking problems using only Linux machines
on a SGI NFS file server.

this even can happen if all clients use *different* buffer files,
but you're running two clients on a dual-PPro Linux-2.0.30-SMP box
(again: *separate* files for both clients) if there are not enough
CPU time slots for both clients because other programs are running too.

finally my "solution" was to run only only client even on SMP boxes :-(

I've reported this multiple times and asked for sources to check/trak this,
no reply at all :-(

and to summarize and add one more:

* Problem 15 - no source available
do I need to say anything more ? :-((

Harald
--
All SCSI disks will from now on                     ___       _____
be required to send an email notice                0--,|    /OOOOOOO\