[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #44

Bryan Golder redlog6 at concentric.net
Tue Jul 15 03:47:45 EDT 1997

>There are way too many people here bitching about wanting different
>features or fixing some little bug somewhere.  I'd like to see how
>much time they'd have to say anything if they were trying to rewrite
>the personal proxies, rebuild the stats, work on v3 of the clients,
>and reply to all the e-mail messages that we don't even see here on
>the rc5 list.  I think everybody "behind the scenes" is doing a great
>job with the time they have available.  I wouldn't even think of
>complaining about anything unless I was offering my time to help fix
>it.  It's their decision whether to accept my offer of help or not,
>but at least I'm not sitting around expecting them to do everything.
>
>Just my few cents dropped into the fountain...

I just thought I'd add to this being as how I've complained once or
twice...the absolute key to failure of any software
development/distribution/sales/support is failure to empathize with
concerns of THE END USERS! When a programmer stops empathizing with a
users confusion, that programmer has just slammed a brick wall between
him and the success of his software. End users are NOT PROGRAMMERS.
Apparently that needs to be restated here. And if I hear just one more
time how the Bovine guys aren't being paid to do all this hard work I'm
going to puke. Of course they aren't being paid - they just love doing
this. The Bovine programmers are all obviously a bright and talented
bunch of people, and someday, the EMPATHY, UNDERSTANDING, and PATIENCE
they express with the end users of this zero-profit project will serve
them well under the corporate deadline of a software bug fix for a
million angry PAYING CUSTOMERS.

That said, everyone who is complaining about client problems here is only
doing so because they want things to work right so this team will win
(including me!).

Now where's the new MAC client damnit!!! And fix my damn stats...and why
doesn't this shit work...and bitch bitch bitch bitch (see, I'm an end
user!)

Sincerely,
Bryan Golder
redlog6 at concentric.net

PS-great job so far guys. having read the latest digest, I understand (I
think) why my stats were going down instead of up.

Bryan Golder
redlog6 at aol.com
redlog6 at concentric.net