[rc5] rc5v2 full of bugs and misfeatures (long)

Vic Diamond vorpal at m-net.arbornet.org
Tue Jul 15 03:51:09 EDT 1997

Andrew Kroeger's email dated 11:46 PM -0700 7/14/97, said:

[angry babble deleted]

>I will say that this guy smacks big-time of a tech support person's
>worst nightmare.  It appears he's either using "the force" to guide
>his actions or he has no problems operating in this world without any
>sort of clue.

Spoken like a classic bitter sys admin.

>There are way too many people here bitching about wanting different
>features or fixing some little bug somewhere.  I'd like to see how
>much time they'd have to say anything if they were trying to rewrite
>the personal proxies, rebuild the stats, work on v3 of the clients,
>and reply to all the e-mail messages that we don't even see here on
>the rc5 list.  I think everybody "behind the scenes" is doing a great
>job with the time they have available.  I wouldn't even think of
>complaining about anything unless I was offering my time to help fix
>it.

So exactly about what and why are you bitching then? It seems somewhat
ironic to post something bitching about people bitching too much. If you
think that that person's post didn't contribute anything of informational
value to this endeavor, trust me, neither did yours.

Save the bandwidth for something worth reading.

Vic Diamond