[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #44

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 15 20:22:39 EDT 1997

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Bill Plein wrote:

> >Fix: Install the service when you're Administrator. That way the
> >service will run under the system account, which means that they will
> >run _always_ even when no one is logged on.
>
> It doesn't work that way.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. <blush>. It indeed doesn't work that way.
Everything you said was right. It does work, if the service doesn't start
any other program (as normal, I might say). But in this case, indeed,
this approach fails.
Wonder how many time I already lost by logging off. :-(

Ivo

| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl        | |     |   |
| Ricardishof 1/428 | janssen at cardit.et.tudelft.nl   | |   |-+   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | http://www.et.tudelft.nl/~ivo/ | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |